[3830] RTTY WPX N4SS(W5MX) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 12 19:30:11 EST 2023

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: N4SS
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: KY

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

What started off as a potential multi-single ended up a single op effort. Really
was planning on a basic shakedown of the station for next weekend's ARRL DX CW,
but ended up putting some BIC. Conditions were too great to just walk away. Some
great dx openings on the high bands which I hope stay in for next weekend.
Started watching the online contest scoreboard which gave me motivation to keep
going as well.

I run high power in most contests, but did not bring the amp down this time as I
wasn't planning any big effort. I am kind of glad I didn't. It was fun, and low
power definitely requires a bit different operating strategy and technique.
Reminds me of contesting in W7 land (I come from WA state originally) with wire
antennas, it certainly humbles you! You get moved in on A LOT, and trying to
hold your frequency is useless for the most part. You might as well just qsy and
search/pounce your way to another opportune clear freq. It builds character I
guess you might say, and I certainly could use some hihi :-)
Best 73's all and cu next weekend!
Bryan W5MX/N4SS