[3830] RTTY WPX K6TQ SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 12 19:43:50 EST 2023

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: K6TQ
Operator(s): K6TQ
Station: K6TQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Folsom, CA

Total: 1084  Prefixes = 473  Total Score = 956,879

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great fun! Last year I made 1,000 Q’s (610,500 points) and wanted to at least
do the same but was pleased to get a few more this year plus a lot more points.

I used 2Tone for the first time and found it worked better than the standard
MMTTY decoder. I also had a mirrored copy of my K4D screen on my PC monitor by
using a video capture card. That added another decoder to check (right next to
2Tone). Having the N1MM+ Spectrum window running from the K4D was a nice feature
too; being able to easily find signals. Had my best Runs and points began around
2100 UTC when JA’s get on the air and hunt.

Strangest decode seen:
(call sign) PAY ME MY 500$ FRANK U NEED TO PAY ME THE MONEY U O ME.

Thank you for the Q's :)
Dave K6TQ

Elecraft K4D / KPA1500 / 3-el SteppIR / JK401 / 80M inverted V