[3830] RTTY WPX AC0C SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 12 21:37:55 EST 2023

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 30
OpMode: SO2R

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

That was a lot of fun.  Great band conditions!!!!  Prop solid and no QRN.  Ran
15m from 7AM and 10m from 8AM on the first morning - something I can't remember
doing since the last cycle!  40m was solid although from here, 80m was tough on
the first night and mostly dead on the 2nd.  99 countries.

Crisis of the event actually occurred earlier in the week.  The ancient homebrew
amp that I'd used for years would not operate properly.  Fortunately one of the
reasons I bought the PGXL was that I had heard it would have no problems running
So2r in RTTY contest service.  Until this weekend, that had not been put to the
test.  But the amp worked perfectly and even in So2r duty, temps were under 63C
(16C ambient in the amp closet).  So2r radio split was about 50/50 so the amp
was a busy boy.

First time the skimmer system was running RTTY fully although the frequency trim
was not quite right until the 2nd day but it was helpful as things slowed down
on the 2nd morning.

See you all in the NAQP RTTY soon.  And thanks for the Qs to all who worked me.

Yaesu 2xFTDX5000MP+Flex PGXL in So2R
JK antennas
Microham station automation

73/jeff/ac0c