[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 15 12:20:34 EST 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Feb 15

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  172  Mults = 172  Total Score = 29,584

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Using the SteppIR 18e on 40 meters.  The newer high voltage FranMar 1Y330H 33V
3A power supply seems to have improved things [33.0-39.0V, 3.04-2.57A 100W] with
190 ft of control cable from the remote board to the antenna.

I felt I could work some of the New England guys an hour or more after their
sunrise and a couple more of the weaker west coast guys.

Set a new personal record. Came into the shack 11 minutes before the start and
got everything up and running in time.

It took a couple minutes to get the run started. Perhaps getting there earlier
and claiming a spot would help.

1315Z - 50 QSOs
1326Z - 84 QSOs so slipping a bit
1331Z - reached 100 QSOs which is about normal. Often this is at 34, or 39 is
things are going poorly.
1345Z 134 QSOs, so won't make the 200 an hour goal
1347Z solwing, 2-3 CQs to raise someone; fewer on the band scope

I was about 2 minutes late for S&P which I started at 1355Z.  There were a
few guys I did not work that are normally pretty strong and stay around calling
CQ so I can find them.

A bit tired after getting sick after dinner - I can't handle cauliflower,
artificial sweetener, or lettuce, but ate again at 10:30 PM. I am still bleeding
a month after the hospital stay, but the nurse said it is normal.  Filled out
the paperwork for the next operation on March 1.  I may miss the afternoon CWT
session. I will be starved due to the required fast, then fast before my 3pm
meds, so it will be about 22 hours between meals.  I just pretend I am on a
DXpedition and the food is on the boat.