[3830] ARRLDX CW K3TN SOUAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 18:47:58 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 17:40

Total: 1577   393  Total Score = 1,859,283

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Ahh, just think: conditions should be this good or better for the next 3, maybe
4, years!

Spent about an equal amount of time on the radio and with my grandson, both
equally fun and exhausting. Sleep time was eroded because I left that damn
Online Scoreboard running and every time I checked W3IP was racking up
multipliers and eating into my QSO lead. I hope my daughter never puts up a
"Online Grandson Quality Time Scoreboard"...

The skimmer spot quality filters have really improved things, except for EB7A
more often than not being spotted as B7A! I gave some tips to N4ZR on better
N1MM telnet filtering - my bad, as Pete consistently beat me to spots all
weekend.

My mental skimmer had the most trouble decoding SN550O - seems like a license
plate trying to fool the video plate scanners. Turns out to be in honor of 550th
anniversary of the birth of Copernicus. I can't wait for the 55th anniversary of
Hubert H. Humphrey's Swedish uncle Henri Horatio and getting to work
SE55HHHHHH...