[3830] ARRLDX CW N4XD SOSB160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:11:53 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: SOSB160 HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    0     0
   40:    0     0
   20:    0     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  149    46  Total Score = 19,044

Club: Smithchart ARS

Comments:

Seemed like low participation. Guessing most ops were playing on 10 with its
fantastic conditions.

While I appreciate folks enthusiasm and desire to give out points, perhaps
reading the contest rules would be beneficial. I had more than a couple
stateside call me. Again, appreciate the thought.

Same number of DX mults as last year but down about 30Qs.

I think Sat evening was better than Friday but with the low number of folks on a
little hard to tell. There were some very steady and strong EU signal: 9A1A,
E7DX, S50C, CS2C were all in for seemingly the whole contest with steady
signals.

Lots of QSB and noise on the first night made for a bit of a challenge.

Sunday morning heard a very weak JA which, after I looked them up on the rbn
page (of course didn't log them) it was JF1AMX. I copied JF1A but could never
complete the call. Shame I couldn't get the call. Only DX from the PAC was a
couple KH6 who were not strong. Same with KL7. There but not strong and with
some AU flutter which isn't surprising considering the solar storm.

Thanks to all for the repeats! Very much appreciated.

Overall pleased with station performance. No issues of note which was nice.

Equipment:
Anan 7000 dle
phased towers for transmit
Several receive antennas.
And of course, N1MM+ which I still consider one of the best contest logging
programs around. Supported by a great team.

Ron
N4XD