[3830] ARRLDX CW ND0C SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:17:44 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: MN

  160:    0     0
Total:  638   225  Total Score = 430,650

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

The good conditions made for a really fun contest!  I did have to work around
some weird intermittent high SWR on my Yagi, but resorted to the inverted vee at
times.

40 worked pretty well for me with an inverted vee and a low rotatable dipole
(which I also had to use on 15 at times).  On the other hand 80 was very
challenging.

Is it just me, or is pile-up behavior getting worse?  - Guys repeatedly over a
contact and even the DX station.

As always, thanks for the good ears!

73,
Randy, ND0C

Yaesu FTdx3000 running 5 watts to triband Yagi at 40 feet, inverted vee (fed
with ladderline and tuner) at 39 feet, and a rotatable 40 m. dipole at 42 feet.