[3830] ARRLDX CW AI5A SOUAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:13:38 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: AI5A
Operator(s): AI5A
Station: AI5A

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH:

   80:   2      2
   40:  32     21
   20:  35     22
   15:  21     18
   10:   8      6
-------------------
Total:  98     69  Total Score = 20,286

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I did not have much of a goal for this contest. I wanted to do it from my home
station, which I did, but I knew going into it that I would not do very well
given my antenna situation. Such is the apartment life.

I did not take the contest super seriously, and operated off and on during the
weekend. I was S&P the whole time. If anything, my goal became to just
collect
a few DXCC entities for LoTW.

Rig: Icom 7300
Antenna 1: MFJ 1782 Mag Loop on back balcony
Antenna 2: Ultimax-100 End Fed hung vertically from front balcony (facing ESE)
Antenna 3: Ultimax-100 End Fed hung vertically from back balcony (facing W but
           blocked by a building, so radiates mostly N/S).

I had fun, but probably would do better even from a temporary setup somewhere.

Thanks for the Q's.