[3830] ARRLDX CW WD8DSB SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:34:03 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WD8DSB
Operator(s): WD8DSB
Station: WD8DSB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 6:28

  160:    1     1
Total:  252   148  Total Score = 111,888

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First off, what a fantastic hobby and my love of CW never wanes.

Missed the first half of the contest and then was only able to operate part time
but really had fun with great band conditions on 40 through 10 meters and 10
meters was fantastic.  Operated entirely search and pounce and not assisted, and
my highlight was working China on 20 meters Sunday morning.

Except for a few contacts on 160 and 80 meters all of my contacts were made
using my homebrew 40 meter EFHW antenna mounted horizontally 20 feet above the
ground.

Transceiver: Kenwood TS-180s (100 watts) with 500 Hz IF filter (radio now 43
years old).
Audio Filter: Hi-Per-Mite active audio filter (200 Hz bandwidth).
160/80 meter TX antenna: 68 foot base loaded vertical with 55 short ground
radials (2500 total feet of ground radials and not a complete circle around the
base).
40/20/15/10 meter TX antenna: 40 meter EFHW mounted horizontally 20 feet up.
RX Antennas: 3 small point fed pennants (pointing 40, 160, and 300 degrees).

73,
Don (wd8dsb)