[3830] ARRLDX CW K4SXT SOSB20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:50:10 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K4SXT
Operator(s): K4SXT
Station: K4SXT

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH: SFL

Total:  363    79  Total Score = 86,031

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

My first ARRL DX contest was 62 years ago.
The contest is still just as much fun as ever.
Over the years things have really changed - some better,
some not so good. Spotting has really hurt the low power stations.
In the old days searching the bands (S&P) was the way for a Low power
station to beat the pile-ups by getting in early to the rare DX.
Now you get one or two calls before the spot crowd jumps on the DX and
Low power is a distinct handicap. On the other hand, there are so
many more DX stations on the air now, it opens up the field and
there is enough DX for everyone.  The only stations I couldn't get
were stations who couldn't hear me - V85RH, 9N7AA, YB, 9V1YC.