[3830] ARRLDX CW W2FU M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:52:52 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W2FU
Operator(s): K0SM N2PP N2ZN K2UA N2MG
Station: W2FU

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: WNY

   40: 1159   100
   20: 1372   106
   15: 2027   117
   10: 1068   113
-------------------
Total: 7156   431  Total Score = 11,594,712

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I could not make the trip to NY for this year's
event.  We decided to go ahead with M/2 but used no remote ops this time.  1
left Sat eve, and one left Sun afternoon, so finished with three.  But no
worries....there really is a 10 meters!  The guys had fun, did one fantastic
job. And this was our best 10M CW showing even from our M/M days, we did better
this year.

The team did have to repair the 80 meter 4 sq that was not working Friday night,
so it's sort of good that 80 wasn't great, or it would have cost us quite a bit
more than it did.

Congrats to Frank and the LPL team for leading the way in M/2 with a terrific
score.  The competition in M2 is really great, and watching K9CT, VA2WA, N2AA
and others bunched up awfully tight, was really interesting with these
conditions.  I watched the whole thing unfold from FL without much interaction
with the team...they were too busy anyway!

Now, there are still a few who shun the online scoreboard...here's hoping they
see the light and join in on that fun too.

Jeff