[3830] ARRLDX CW KR2Q SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 20:34:03 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: NNJ FN20ru
Operating Time (hrs): 28:40

  160:    8     8
   15: 1097    74
Total: 2459   278  Total Score = 2,050,806

I used "assistance" to help me find members of various CW clubs that I
wanted to work.  I did not use assistance to look for any mults, and my DXCC
count clearly shows that.  Mostly, I just ran, but with a sprinkling of QSYs to
work "members" of CW clubs.

I got lots sleep and had a good time.  Condx were very good!

A few days before the contest, my very old Centurion Amp stopped working on some
band.  ????  I lamented same to some locals.  One guy said I could borrow his
Alpha 9500 since he wasn't contesting and if he did, it would LP.  So nice
surprise for me....especially trying to get from the car to the 2nd floor!
OMG!

But I got LOTS of sleep and felt good for the entire contest...not that I worked
much of it.

IC7610
Alpha 9500 at 1kw output
OB16-3 at 55 feet and DB36 at 73 feet (2 towers). inverted V on 80 and inverted
L on 160, but just one elevated counterpoise...and ZERO dedicated listening
antennas.
N1MM+ (of course)