[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3BR SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 20:51:33 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VE3BR
Operator(s): VE3BR
Station: VE3BR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN03es
Operating Time (hrs): ~13

  160:    3     2
Total:  345   187  Total Score = 192,984

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Yaesu FTDX10 + AL-80B @ ~600 W
Antenna: DX-Eng 80/40 Thunderbolt 55ft Dual Band Vertical
Software: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.9811.0

Just taking my new radio through the paces. It is so different than my
"vintage" Orion. There will be a steep learning curve.

Didn't have much time as we had a family cooking competitions both days. Happy
to report that I won in both. No surprise, both bigos (my entry for Saturday)
and dill and hot peppers marinated stewed pork (Sunday) are my
"signature" dishes.

BTW, I quite like the radio. Works surprisingly well and the only drawback from
my point of view is that it is so small. But I have hands of a construction
worker not the concert pianist.