[3830] ARRLDX CW KH7M(NA2U) SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 20:57:19 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KH7M
Operator(s): NA2U
Station: KH6ZM

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: HI
Operating Time (hrs): 33:25

   10: 1166    60
-------------------
Total: 3602   298  Total Score = 3,220,188

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

After a blazing opening things slowed down.  Fewer Qs and mults than last year.
Lost 160m sometime after the opening session.  Analysis after contest shows
water damage in the tuning system at the antenna.  Not a total surprise given
the constant torrential rains here the past couple weeks.  We will make
adjustments prior to the, ahem, phone contest.

It's really nice to be back on the Big Island.  Max, KH6ZM, and his XYL, Kathy,
are excellent hosts.  I've missed them the last two years when I operated the
ARRL DX contest using Max's station remotely from my AZ home QTH.  Results were
good but I missed their island hospitality, not to mention the Big Island
papayas!

Sleep needs are taking more of toll on operating time.

See you in the phone contest again as KH7M.

My final personal comment, known by many of my ham friends, is that there ain't
no meters like ten meters!