[3830] ARRLDX CW NN4RB SOUAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 21:27:43 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH: FM07ii
Operating Time (hrs): 10:46

  160:    0     0
   80:    9     7
Total:  207   137  Total Score = 85,077

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I said I was hoping to do a 100 contacts for the contest.  After extending my
goal twice, I ended up with 207 three minutes before the end and quit -- early.
My BIC time was good, but the rate was poor for the conditions.  It takes me a
while to make sure that I have all I need before I call.  This weekend was a
very good code practice session.  Heard good number of the locals, also calling
S&P at the time.  Those included Daryl (N8AID), Jerry (W1IE), Buddy (W4YE),
John (N3MN), Riley (K4ORD), and Ken (K4XL).  I think I heard John (N4QWF) also.
I missed the first letter of john's call, but the accent sounded like him (HI
HI).  One contact stood out for me.  A station had my call as N4RB and I kept
sending NN4RB back to him.  He kept sending the N4 and changing the R around.
After about five times I was ready to just give him the exchange and he loose
the point. When, he sent a HI HI and the correct call.  It was late on Sunday
afternoon and we or at least I was getting tired.

Had fun!

Rick
NN4RB
Rig : ICOM IC-7610