[3830] ARRLDX CW AB2E SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 21:39:50 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: SNJ

Total: 2026   428  Total Score = 2,601,384

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: FTDX-9000D/OM Power 2000A+ amp
Antennas:
160m Inverted L over 100ft tree
 80m dipole @90ft
 40m dipole @85ft
10m,15m,20m Force 12 C3S tribander @52ft on AB-577 military mast
Low band RX ant - HiZ4

29 hours in the chair but it seemed like more.
Wow, what amazing fun!

"Ain't no meters like 10meters" as the saying goes!
Lifetime high score from home on my modest station.
ARRL DX CW personal milestones - highest number QSOs (over 2000), highest number
mults (over 400), highest score.
More than doubled my score from last year, thanks to 10m being wide open both
days - over 700Qs on 10m, and almost made DXCC on that band.
Had a great time filling the log with JA's on 15m late Sunday afternoon (even a
bunch of 100W stations are in the log). Some great mults were on the air.
Just after midnight Friday, I checked 20m and it was wide open to EU, I ran EU
there from 0500 to 1000UTC, took a 30min nap, then back in for the start of the
high band runs. I was pleased with the HiZ4 on 160 this time, some stations in
EU were noticeably stronger. Also the FTDX-9000D APF works amazingly well on
boosting signals out of the noise.

CU in 2 weeks for ARRL SSB, and next weekend for CQ 160 SSB!
Thanks to all my dx friends for the QSOs!

Over 25 stations were worked on all 6 bands, and well over 150 more on 5 bands.

73 Darrell AB2E

Contest: ARRLDXCW
 Band     QSOs     Pts  Cty  Pt/Q
   1.8      34     102   29   3.0