[3830] ARRLDX CW K3WJV SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 21:44:38 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 39
OpMode: SO2R

Total: 2867   441  Total Score = 3,791,718

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Wow is pretty much the story here - the predictors were very busy trying to put
thumb tacks in everyone's shoes but I have never paid attention to predictions
of condx and never will.  You still have to put the headphones on and make Q's
which is what I've always done.

I haven't really compared this one to last year but I did make a big effort to
run more and while running I tried to throw a few Q's in on the 2nd rig when I
thought I could get away with it.  Will get the stats to see how I veered off of
last year and before that.  Not sure of how many I ran as opposed to s&p but
all I know is this was way too much fun.

I always try to get a JA on 80 cw and this weekend I got one each morning.  The
2nd morning JH7MXO was almost spkr copiable - loudest JA ever heard on 80.  Hope
it was real since its not on QRZ.  Anyway no big deal - wrkd JH4UYB the first
morning.

Last year was 2110 Q's for 2.4 meg so very happy with beating that.  If I ran
some 40 and 80 I might have been able to hit 4 meg but all my running comes from
the high bands.  Have to work on that I guess.  Wish I had more than I do for
antennas but I'm pretty happy with my little station.  Not bad for a trailer
park albiet a rural one.  Wonder what it would be like to have a tower.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

K4 & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
40m/80m/short 160(traps) Inv vees @ 40ft
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R(2 keyboard) >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
VA6AM triplexer with high power BPFs 10-20mtrs
N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger