[3830] ARRLDX CW K7QA SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 23:09:17 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 30+

Total: 1961   342  Total Score = 2,009,934

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Stunningly superb condx 40-10m. All 3 high bands behaved similar with great prop
everywhere from SR to well past SS here. Even 40m sounded like 20m from just a
few years ago, packed with loud EU that were runnable.

Didn't think we'd come close to 2k Qs and a 2 mil+ score at the beginning but
the pileups just kept giving. A pair of low beverages installed last week really
helped hearing the ESP sigs.

Lots of echo and garble on many signals but K stayed at 2 and below for the
entire event. It sounded like we're near the solar peak or is this just a tease
for even better prop coming?

Rig:  IC-7610  SPE Amp  SkyHooks: 13 ele HB Triband yagi  2 ele HB 40m yagi  2
tower DA shunt fed 80m & 160m. Rx ants: 3 el Hi-Z, 40m fw H-loop, K9AY Loop,
465ft NE/SW Beverage, 350ft NW/SE Beverage. Details on QRZ.com