[3830] ARRLDX CW N9TF SOUSB10 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 00:36:57 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOUSB10 LP
QTH: Clarksville TN

Total:  360    70  Total Score = 75,600

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Really enjoyed the worldwide openings on 10m. Decided at the last minute to do a
SB10M operation when I saw the SFI numbers on space weather early Saturday
morning. It also fit in better with my PT operation plans due to house guests
that stopped in for the weekend. It was great to hear and work ALL parts of EU
for a change on 10m. Even with 100 watts and a ground mounted vertical, making
contacts was mostly pretty easy. I was even able to put together a few small
runs. The Asia opening was great Saturday night. Lots of JAs in the log and even
a couple DUs and one 3W. Quite a few BY, and DS heard but no luck. Wish I could
have put more time in Sunday afternoon to the final bell, but family obligations
trumped that idea. I did sneak away Sunday afternoon for a quick 5 minute spin
of the dial around 23:30 to work 5 more JA stations. JA seemed much louder than
Saturday afternoon. Lots of fun!

73 Gene N9TF
100 watts to 6BTV ground mounted.