[3830] ARRLDX CW K1ESE(@W1IMD) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 07:45:16 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K1ESE
Operator(s): K1ESE
Station: W1IMD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Remote Operation

Total: 2001   253  Total Score = 1,518,000

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Paul W1IMD for the use of the outstanding station!

I have never done a contest without spots.

The band conditions were outstanding this weekend and signals were strong.  The
best I have heard in years and maybe the best ever.  That made things easier.
Once I got into the rhythm of running and getting my CQs answered I was
comfortable and things went well.

The advantage was that I did more QSOs in less time than S&P.  The
disadvantage is that I had far fewer multipliers.  I ran for all but a dozen
contacts.  Those were mostly on 40m Sunday morning DXing for JAs.  It's rare
that I work a JA and they were all over the place.  I also didn't chase some of
the better DX I'm now hearing about since I had no spots to tell me where they
were.  I worked many more QRP stations by running, 66 in all.

The best DX was a YB Indonesia that answered my CQ with the beam at Europe.
Several JAs also got me with the beam in that direction.

Unassisted was great and I'd do it again.  Thanks to all who were patient as I
fumbled my way around the keyboard.

John K1ESE