[3830] ARRLDX CW K1RX M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 08:36:55 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX N9NC K1ZR K8CN WA1T KC1KUG
Station: K1RX

Class: M/M HP
QTH: W1

   40: 1155    98
   20: 1793   118
   15: 1889   116
   10: 1724   110
-------------------
Total: 7305   564  Total Score = 12,344,832

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Records were broken in this one!  And I am referring to nearly everyone who
participated.  60 years in the hobby - never saw the high bands like this - Best
ever and to think we might be on the cusp of even better conditions over the
next couple of years.  Great time to be a contester! Speaking of records,
highest score ever recorded under the K1RX call sign - 7300 Q's amazing for this
little place (and my past station with multiple towers!).

Assembled my small band of players again for another fun weekend and there was
no disappointment. No equipment issues to speak of here. But one side note,
because I had an amp with soft tubes on 10 M, employed the technique of having
one old amp driving another old amp to get to a KW output (the low power radios
did not have enough on their own to get a decent power level:) Our competitive
group really enjoyed the hourly battle with the K1TTT crew. Congrats Dave on a
tremendous effort!  Shaped up to be two major battles for us - the top stations
like K1LZ and K3LR, then the second level teams K1RX and K1TTT.  Fun to watch
each group do their magic.

What we did here I think is a great testament that even the simplest station can
do very well. It's just a matter of firmly placing oneself in the chair and
focus.  I felt like I was among surgeons that were doing marathon procedures!

The band distribution among the 3 stations did hurt us in not being able to
cover all the bands at the same time, but the team did a great job overcoming
this issue.  "Be everywhere, all the time"

My special thanks to my XYL who really brought the A game with fabulous meals -
kept us all going!  Those special oatmeal cookies with walnuts were a huge
favorite (her recipe).

Most of all, my thanks to the many, many stations that called and made it into
the log.

73, Mark, K1RX