[3830] ARRLDX CW P40L(@P40L/P49Y) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 08:44:38 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: P40L
Operator(s): KX7M W6LD W0YK
Station: P40L/P49Y

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Aruba

   40: 1101    59
   20: 1224    59
   15: 1306    59
   10: 1552    61
-------------------
Total: 6155   342  Total Score = 6,302,874

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another fun contest from Aruba.

We were on the fence between entering as a M-S and M2, but nagging (and newly
worsened) inter-station interference issues made the decision for us.  We think
we have resolved the new issues, but only after the contest.

Band conditions were generally excellent.  As others have pointed out, though,
that can make it difficult at times to get the attention of NAm from the
Caribbean, especially on the high bands (but not complaining!).

Congratulations to the ZF1A team for continuing to push the limit on what can be
be accomplished in the M-S category.  Congratulations also to the PJ4A team on
the neighboring island for a great effort; it looks like it'll come down to log
checking.

We attempted connecting to the real-time scorecard, but could not get the
software to work in time for this contest.  Maybe next time.

As always, thanks for all the Qs!

Thanks and 73 on behalf of the P40L team,

John, W6LD