[3830] ARRLDX CW VY1AAA(VE1RM) SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 09:33:00 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VY1AAA
Operator(s): VE1RM
Station: VY1JA

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: Yukon
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5
Remote Operation

   80:    1     1
   10:   10     7
-------------------
Total:  257   108  Total Score = 83,268

J was practicing his N1MM skills over the weekend, but offered the station if
I had time.

I managed to put in 2.5 hours during some optimum propagation times for Europe,
while off-shift from ZF5T activities.

Conditions were really GREAT -- as evidenced by the incredible KL7RA score.

Setup is a TS-590S + KW Amp, and the only (real) antenna is a full-size
1/4-wave
40m ground plane with three elevated radials.  We tune it with the tuner in the
RF2K-S amplifier.   We made it on 5 bands with KL7RA using that antenna
(barefoot on 80; I did not try on 160).

The pileup to Europe was huge on 15 -- but auroral flutter was a bit much.  My
40m activiy was hampered by 1200mS latency over the DSL connection.  Luckily,
it
cleared up Saturday and settled to about 84 mS -- perfect.

Always a pleasure to give out the mult.  Thanks to pal VY1JA for his support and
enduring friendship.

73,

Gerry VE1RM / W1VE