[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3JM M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 11:34:40 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VE3JM
Operator(s): VE3JM
Station: VE3JM

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ON

   40: 1184    99
   20: 1169   104
   15: 1652   108
   10: 1360   104
-------------------
Total: 5948   531  Total Score = 9,467,199

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

It was a bit of a challenge to gather the troops so we could start the contest
with everybody present at the location and to get everybody familiar with the
setup before the contest started, but we managed to overcome those challenges.
We have never had 5 operators before and since there are only 2 operating
positions, there was a lot of time available for socializing when not operating.

We are pleased with our final score. This is our second best score in this
category from this location. The best one is still from 2013 when the score was
9.8 million. Both Nick and Dave were operating in 2013. This time we surpassed
the QSO totals, thanks to good conditions on high bands, but are about 50
multipliers short. In 2013, 160 and 80 were much better than this year.

It was a great opportunity to spend a weekend with old friends and do some
operating. Congrats to the VA2WA team for their fine effort.