[3830] ARRLDX CW VE7UF M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 16:18:03 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VA7OM VA7OO VE7JH VE7MR VE7UF VE7ZO
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: BC

   20: 1269   102
   15: 1234   108
Total: 4217   440  Total Score = 5,402,760

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Great conditions from VE7-land.
We always do well from VE7UF's superb station, but do even better with good
conditions.
The seasonal flu took its toll and most of the crew were only available for a
part-time effort due to other QRL, but we managed to keep an operator or two in
the chair when it was needed.
Thanks to our Japanese friends who provided 33% of the QSOs (1394) but having
good openings after our sunrise to Europe netted 883 contacts from Zone 14 and
721 from Zone 15. We actually ended up with more EU than Asia which is not often
the case from here.
We ended up bettering the 2002 VE7 M/M record set by VE7UF and VE7ZO 21 years
ago and set a highest score ever from British Columbia.
Thanks to all who called and hope to see you all in 2024!