[3830] ARRLDX CW W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 21 23:48:24 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA

  160:    0     0
Total:  507   169  Total Score = 257,049

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

W8QZA STATION
Radio: Elecraft K-2, 5 watt version

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
  40 Meters: 1/4 wave vertical with 3 radials
  40 & 160 Meters: DX-LB trap dipole up 30 feet
  80 Meters: Inverted L with 2 radials
Conditions were very good.  There were a couple of paths that opened that I
haven't seen since the last peak such as working Europe in the evening on 15
Meters.

10 Meters finally opened wide into Europe both days. Altogether I had 153
European QSOs.  DXCC was 71 (without W and VE) and WAZ was 25 (without 3,4, or
5). My best Q was CR3DX on 80 Meters. He must have one heck of a receiving
antenna!

Great band conditions are finally back!  See you in the ARRL SSB!

73, Bill  W6QU - W8QZA