[3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 22 09:23:35 EST 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Feb 22

Call: OH5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21SA

Total:  54  Mults = 47  Total Score = 2,538

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Aurora was just tapering off during the session
and a M2.6 flare hit in the last quarter making
28 MHz to open for KR2Q as the single QSO for
that band. With the higher solar path and high
activity 14 MHz signals were somewhat damped
by the D-layer. Initially 21 MHz had the best
signal levels, with Marv N5AW being loudest
from the USA-direction. I guess, I worked
Panu OH7CW first time, but there were issues
with QSB as well as while working with others.

Missed the first 6 minutes as Call History did
not show up in N1MM+, and tried to correct it.

ARRL DX CW turned out great despite the Aurora
forecast which was grossly incorrect, with
nothing near of K = 6 readings. Activation
5 x SOUSB and 1 x SOUAB with various calls
from multiple locations. Much fun on 28 MHz.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA - OH5ZA - OH9COG etc.