[3830] CWopsT AH7RF Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 23 00:01:26 EST 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Feb 23

Call: AH7RF
Operator(s): AH7RF
Station: AH7RF

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:

Total:   5  Mults = 4  Total Score = 20

Hello from Kakaako, Oahu, Hawaii!

Different park and adjusted hustler antenna compared to 19z.  The reason -
weather is still iffy here, and the Ala Moana parking lot is always very busy
and noisy at 3z, so I tried Kakaako. Still quite noisy, lots of cars driving
past (it was 5pm local time here).  Made a discovery at 19z that my radio was
getting kind of toasty, so I was curious and checked the SWR on my antenna right
before 3z.  The SWR was pretty high, but still the KX2 could tune it! I didn't
even have the right whip in there for 10m, and I have no idea why 20m was so
badly adjusted, either. Those are all adjusted properly now, the SWR is way
better, and my radio is no longer toasty.  I'll be sure to check this more
often!

Anyways - made 3 contacts on 20m, and 2 on 40m, this is the first time I've made
5 or more contact this year in the CWT! 40m is still pain and misery for me,
with lots of noise and frustration. On 40m, I made contacts with Stan AH6KO and
and KH6/NA2U, both in Hawaii! But 20m was a lot more fun for me today, things
work better with a properly adjusted antenna. :-)

I think (?) I'll try 7z. I expect more pain and misery on 40m, but I also have a
raging case of radio madness so I think I have to try. Might get lucky? You
never know...

Aloha and 72

Heather AH7RF