[3830] CQ160 SSB K1LZ(LU9ESD) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 26 18:37:58 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K1LZ
Operator(s): LU9ESD
Station: K1LZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 28:26
OpMode: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 844  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 51  Total Score = 345,565

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thank you all for the QSO and specially for the patience!

The first night was a nightmare, almost a suffering: If you were one of the many
who called me and I couldn't work, I sincerely apologize.
The second night was more interesting, some very strong signals from EU and
short opening with VK/ZL in the morning today.
Although I hoped to be able to make a higher score, it is all that could be done
with these terrible propagation in 160M.

Thanks to Krassy K1LZ for letting me drive his Formula 1 for my first 160M
experience. I really enjoyed using the second radio to permanently sweep the
band up and down to work out everyone I heard. I don't think I've had time to
get bored or distract myself, which is useful to counteract the bad propagation
and low number of QSOs.

I am especially grateful to uncle Jeff K1ZM who constantly greeted me when
passing through my frequency and asked me how I was doing. I knew his brother
Peter K3ZM would be in the same category, so it is my great honor and pleasure
to share a radio weekend with these wonderful people. Thank you Briggs’s!

Thanks to my friend Velimir K3JO, the mastermind of the station, who after the
ARRL CW stayed a couple more days with me here in Maine to get everything ready
for SO2R.

I hope the weather will allow me to work on some antennas this week to arrive in
good condition at the ARRL DX SSB, specially on the RX side.

See you next weekend!

73. Manu LU9ESD/AC1NU (with +10in of snow today and counting…)

2x IC-7800 + YCCC SO2R+ Box
2x Acom 2000
4 sq. Full Size
Full Size Vertical
6x 1000ft. Beverages on different directions.