[3830] KRC SST K4BAI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 1 20:43:47 EST 2023

                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Jan 2

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

   80:  14      9
   40:  49     27
   20:  10      8
Total:  73     44  Total Score = 3,212

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Everything was going along very well headed toward one of my best SST scores
when at about 0033Z, the Winkeyer stopped functioining.  I couldn't send CW with
the paddle or from the F Keys. So, went to a hand key. WB7S in WY had been
calling, but he didn't respond to my information sent from the hand key and I
never heard him again so, I missed at least one mult because of the Winkeyer
problem.  I sent with the hand key for about ten minutes while checking
connections, and rebooting N1MM.  Nothing helped.  Then suddenly it started
working again and still is at this time.

Now the real mystifying problem?  I was trying to scroll up my log window in
N1MM to see how long exactly the winkeyer was out and the QSOs were no longer in
chronological order.  They were not alphabeticized by the name of the section,
e.g.  AB first and down to the sections starting with W.  All QSOs with stations
in a second were grouped together regardless of band!  By clicking above the
section list in the log, I can get it to reversed order: Start with W sections
and finish with AB.  I had N1MM create the Cabrillo file and it is perfect in
chronological order as it should be.  But the log in N1MM is still not in
chronological order.  It doesn't really matter for SST since we don't submit
logs and the log would be OK anyway, but I am afraid what will happen with the
next contest.   I'll appreciate any suggestions.  I've been using N1MM+ and
before that N1MM for many years and have never had this happen before.

Only a few stations on 20, mostly at long distances, but also worked GA and VA
stations.  40 was great.  80 was quiet and could hear stations in New England
and Colorado and closer in, but not many ops went to 80.  Remember that
multipliers count per band, so you really help your score by working all open
bands.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Happy New Year.  73, John, K4BAI.