[3830] RTTY Roundup NN5O Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 8 19:13:17 EST 2023

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2023

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 5:04

Total:  311  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 13  Total Score = 18,349

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

What fun while it lasted!  Actually, I became very ill during the contest and
had to go take a hot bath then get into the bed.  I was shivering with chills
and felt like my head was on fire.  I found it hard to concentrate at the radio,
so I opted to take care of my health.  The flu bug has been running rampant
around here, so I dropped the contest for several hours.

Luckily, I felt better toward the end of the contest, so I did get in about 3
hours this PM so I could give out a multiplier for Mississippi (MS).  The
pileups while running were much fun.  Even with my compromised antenna, I was
able to get a rate just over 200/hr twice.  Thanks to the slick operators on the
other end who were quick with their exchanges and who left out the extraneous
and often repeated info.

Thanks for all the Qs.  It was so great to work so many contester friends, but
we didn't stop to chat.  After all, this was not a QSO Party.  Ha!

GL until we hit the NAQP RTTY in February!

73 from the Deep Dixie Contest Club  (http://deepdixiecc.org),

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson  NN5O
Tupelo, MS (birthplace of Elvis)
Flex 6600M & AH-800H running 400w into a pseudo-horizontal loop up 30'