[3830] RTTY Roundup AE0EE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 8 20:16:46 EST 2023

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2023

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN

Total:  402  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 21  Total Score = 28,542

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

20 W on 15 m and 40 m, 75 W on 80, 20, and 10 m.  All antennas were dipoles of
some sort, not higher than 30'.

This contest was a bit interesting.  Due to 18-24" of recently fallen white
material outside, I wasn't up for taking down the 40/15 m antenna at home to
take to the cabin.  Instead I took my portable end-fed half-wave to cover those
bands, but it is only rated for 20 W.  As a result, I spent less time on 40 m
than I otherwise might have, and would've spent less time on 15 m if it weren't
that so many stations seemed to be able to hear me even at 20 W.

Rates started out pretty good search-and-pounce on Saturday, but dropped badly
Sunday evening when I tried to start running.  After a few hours doing something
else, I came back and there was some action but I still couldn't get a run
going.  Sunday morning I managed to work some EU on 15 and even 10 meters, which
provided some handy multipliers.  By Sunday afternoon the bands were in
reasonably good shape, and I was able to get some good runs and to find lots of
stations to work search-and-pounce.

Missed states: DE, ND, VT (also HI, which I never heard).