[3830] RTTY Roundup WQ6X(@W7AYT) SO Unlimited QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 8 20:42:12 EST 2023

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2023

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SO Unlimited QRP
QTH: Concord, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 6:56

Total:  69  State/Prov = 27  Countries = 6  Total Score = 2,277

This was another last-minute WQ6X dual-OP RTTY contest from the EB
ARRL section.  The weekend was spent bouncing back and forth as W6R
(low power) and WQ6X (a QRP setup).
This weekend was the 1st-time an MFJ-993B IntelliTuner was used at
the Concord QTH.  The amazing thing was being able to tune the 3-el
Long John 10-meter Yagi on 15-meters (acting as a rotatable dipole I
assume).  It even flat-tuned on 20-meters, altho the main antennas for
20-m and below was a pair of 8JK-phased Cobra dipoles and a Comet
CH-250 vertical.
While the Space-WX seemed good, I was expecting more stations on the air
and stronger signal levels.  Then again, running the yagi on 15-meters made
for an extremely low-noise RX-ant - even better than a Beverage.
LooK for a write-up on this GiG soon at http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com.