[3830] RTTY Roundup N6WM(@N6RO) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 8 23:01:26 EST 2023

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2023

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM N6RO K6AW WD6T W6DMW KK6PXT
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Oakley CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:15
OpMode: 2BSIQ
Remote Operation

Total: 2303  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 61  Total Score = 276,360

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Sometimes Murphy strikes even the biggest contest stations.  In this case, this
resulted in a loss of nearly 7 hours of op time.  So in keeping with the theme
out here in CA.. when it rains.. it pours.. and the wind blows.. and the power
fails.. and amps fail.. and well...  there is always next year.

I was originally going to do my annual SO from N6RO, but a couple of weeks ago I
found out I had a hard commitment on Sat evening..so we opened it up to try and
take on the M/M category.  We knew we would be having staffing issues, but were
not terribly concerned b/c I can hold up to 3 bands myself, and many on the crew
are able to or are learning 2bsiq.  what we did not plan for was
1. atmospheric river
2. power failures
3. gale force winds
4. torrential rains
5. operator that had to rush home due to rain/water issues

the gap was between 1(ish)am and 20m open.  and it cost us dearly.  Also almost
every operator got on the air from other stations in addition to ours, to
provide adequate logs for our club effort.

Conditions: not so bad at all.. we had worked all US states in the first few
hours of the contest.. 10m was open FB to EU Sunday AM and was basically open
most of the test.  hear is the band breakdown

10m. Ops N6WM W6DMW
W6DMW opened the contest on 10m and did a STELLAR job raking in lots of qso's
out the gate.  he took over 10 and 15 sat eve when I had to go to my appointment
and I took over again Sunday AM and with a brief break covered by dave, remained
throughout the rest of the contest.   good mults.. good band.. good
propagation.

15m.  Ops N6WM(primary) W6DMW
N6WM opened on 15 and 20 2bsiq with fantastic domestic propagation at the start.
 Sunday yielded some brief EU runs.. Asia pac good but limited multipliers..
JA/vk/zl/yb.  relief was done by DMW on Sat eve.. and a short time via remote
Sunday.

20m K6AW(primary)(remote) N6WM(on site)
N6WM started out Saturday on 15/20 2bsiq, Steve took the torch after the first
few hours of the contest and finished the rest as 20 captain.

40m the entire team rallied to try and cover 40 but it never really materialized
the way it should.  WD6T who also operated at another multi, did 2bsiq on 40/80m
powering through some inter station interference..  and im glad he did, shortly
after winds kicked up and power went out and ya well..  that was it for us.

80m WD6T KK6PXT N6RO
again most of the qso volume from WD6Ts 2bsiq.. and N6RO helping as well, but as
stated.. after 1am the stn was essentially qrt until Sunday upper bands.

Overall, despite the challenges it was nice to at least put some score on the
board in support of our club and our team.  Special recognition to Dave West
W6DMW for really hitting it hard on 10 Saturday evening..  We wish Greg KK6pXT
the best of luck with his weather related issues at home..  and ultimately the
team is safe so we can buckle up for the next atmospheric river hit starting
tomorrow!!!

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.. this is a FB contest and I appreciate its
return to normal...  and the inclusion of the M/M category.. where we will try
again next year to make a dent.

73, HNY and seeya next time
for the N6WM at RO team

Chris