[3830] RTTY Roundup KE3K SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 9 18:59:21 EST 2023

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2023

Call: KE3K
Operator(s): KE3K
Station: KE3K

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MI

Total:  601  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 38  Total Score = 56,494

Club: Blossomland ARA

Comments:

I really enjoy the ARRL RTTY RU however, I am not a big fan of the two-break
rule. Call it an element of challenge if you want, but with our aging ham
population it does little to encourage operators from getting up, moving around
and obtaining sufficient rest throughout the weekend. I was able to achieve a
new personal best score during this RU. I was shocked to have a JA call me on 40
Meters and to be able to work Iceland from my QTH. It also helps to have the 10
Meter band back in business. Missed ND again – starting to wonder if there are
any hams left up there? Thank you to all whom I was able to contact and to
provide the MI mult to.

My gear for this operating event:

ICOM IC-7610
Cushcraft MA5B Yagi at 30 ft.
160 Meter H-Loop at 30-60 ft.
K9AY RX Loop
N1MM+ Logger

73 to all and see you throughout this contest season,

Bob, KE3K