[3830] NAQP CW KE4S Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 15 10:59:20 EST 2023

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KE4S
Operator(s): KE4S
Station: KE4S

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: VA

Total:  406   187  Total Score = 75,922

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Blue Ridge

Comments:

I planned only a part-time effort, but it grew past my plan.  Started a bit late
on 10m, but I was not having any success, so moved down the dial to 15 m.. After
that the available mults window never showed much improvement, so I never got
back to 10m.  I was pleasantly surprised to work TWO VY1 stations in
mid-afternoon; wasn't sure there would be any.

Took a 2.5 hour break, came back after dinner and some football - the 20, 40,
and 80 were doing very well, so I bounced around those bands until I wrapped up
before falling asleep on the key.  Used the scoreboard sparingly for the last
couple hours, just to see how well the PVRC effort was going.  The club filter
is a nice addition since the last time I tried the scoreboard.  Overall, I
enjoyed the contest.  I need to do more of these! Happy to contribute a bit to
the PVRC and the Blue Ridge team scores.