[3830] NAQP CW VY1CO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 15 13:13:55 EST 2023

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: VY1CO
Operator(s): VY1CO
Station: VY1CO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: YT

  160:    0     0
   80:    2     2
   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total:  418    98  Total Score = 40,964

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team: Aurora Busters

Comments:

I found this a tough slog...15m proved the best band up here in the Canadian
North --even 20m, at times, seemed a little dodgy and I found myself going back
to 15 and staying as long as I could. As a casual operator, doddling along at
around 25wpm, I appreciated those stations who came close to that speed--it made
the exchange faster for both of us . As a long time Ham but new contester, I
find the most challenging part is operating the keyboard! I digress.

The lower bands were virtually useless. The impact of the aurora was well felt
way up here, and I am happy to have made what I did on 40. I very much
appreciate Bill, N6ZFO taking a few minutes out of his run to work me on 80...I
suspect he and my neighbour Steve, KL7SB, are the only ones to have worked YT on
 80m.

This was a team effort from a collection of stations around Western
Canada...they all did well in comparison to my paltry score, but it did give me
a chance to play with the new to me Orion 2's on a busy band...incredible.

Finally, thanks to Gerry, vy1aaa for providing the YT mult on 3 bands...would
have been shut out of YT otherwise :)

Thanks to all,

Scott  VY1CO