[3830] NAQP CW WF7T Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 15 13:52:31 EST 2023

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: WF7T

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: TN

   10:   23     8
-------------------
Total:  615   215  Total Score = 132,225

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG FIDDLES

Comments:

Glad to be able to participate! Mine was almost a tale of woe, but like Wayne
Green used to remind us, "Never Say Die!"

To be brief (since nobody really cares about this as much as myself), I was very
pleased, due to last minute priorities, that I was still able to join the fun
ONLY 20 minutes late. That in itself is a problem, but I digress. Sat down, had
my first Q (thanks KP2M), then the SO2R box failed. Two and a half hours into
the contest, and after cascade of technical problems NOT related to the SO2R
box, I was back in the saddle.

As has been the mantra amongst my peers lately, "ITS ALWAYS THE
CONNECTOR". They are correct as usual.

One radio, 50 watts, S7-S9 noise, no breaks, no interruptions (THAT pisses off
pets and partners by the way,) and I was playing catchup on the high bands as I
watched the band map dwindle (Hey guys, wait up!)

Whatevs, this was supposed to be fun, and I had fun at the end. It is always
great to contact friends along the way.

Now, with the dust settled, I am in awe of the scores posted. Wow!

Thanks to everyone for the Qs, thanks to Mike K3FH for assembling the TCG teams,
and thanks to NCJ and the contest facilitators. See you in another.

73 Brad (parenthetically) Brooks WF7T
Nashville, TN
Log submitted: 167380577697.naqp-cw
---

IC7600 @ 50W <--why
2el @ 30ft
dipoles/doublets @ 50ft or so
Inv L w/one raised radial for 160M, no RX ant currently
N1MM+, Winkeyer USB