[3830] NAQP CW KD7HU Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 15 16:05:39 EST 2023

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KD7HU
Operator(s): KD7HU
Station: KD7HU

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Montana

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
Total:  290   123  Total Score = 35,670

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Team: Big Sky Contesters-Absaroka

Comments:

Station: FTDX101MP 100W, Antenna: Windom at 20 feet (HOA stealthy).

    Nice to see better propagation allowing my modest antenna to perform better.
Got a delayed start, unfortunately, and I did not get my 10 hours in.  Better
score than last August with higher (mainly S/P ) rate. Wish I could get better
results running than I do. I need to do some more time with Morse Runner as
well...lol.  Goal in August will be for 50k.  I am not sure I will ever get to
the 100K level with my antennas, but that is the bucket list goal. So
conclusions:

1.  Still need a better Call Sign for contests.....so many corrections for KD7SU
slows things down.
2. I need an 80 meter antenna, and a better antenna in general for that matter.
3. Need to get my code copying speed up to 35 wpm, and realize you have to copy
everything in your head before typing.
4. Switch to Chuck for contest name, MUCH better than Charlie.
5. FTDX101MP is great for contests.....no problems with transceiver performance.