[3830] CWopsT WA8Y Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 18 15:11:49 EST 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Jan 18

Call: WA8Y
Operator(s): WA8Y
Station: WA8Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Midland, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 1
Remote Operation

Total:  88  Mults = 86  Total Score = 7,568

Club: Bay Area DXers

Comments:

That was Bizarre.  The Xfinity Technician found a corroded F connector in the
cable box outside the apartment.  He replace all the F connectors in the
apartment too and tested the cable and the modem.  He also showed the landlord
and me how, using the app on a Cellphone, to split the 1Gbps modem/WiFi to
broadcast on 5GHz and 2.4GHz.
The cable technician was interested in CW so I show him a few things and then
made a couple QSOs on 15 SSB, since nobody answered my CW CQs.  He was very
impressed.

Well I thought everything would be perfect, but I actually had a lot of latency
at times (3 to 5 seconds), and that was really bad.  SmartCAT dropped two or
three times and I ended up sending with my paddle and logging.