[3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 22 00:00:27 EST 2023

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 9:54

  160:    0     0
Total:  422   167  Total Score = 70,474

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Team: MWA # 1

Comments:

I really enjoy this contest.  Conditions were very good (except for 80m) and the
activity seemed good.

I was having intermittent problems with my Yagi - every so often the SWR would
jump up to 5:1 or 10:1. During those times I had to switch to my inverted vee
which worked OK (but it sure isn't the same!).  After a period of time the SWR
would miraculously drop back down.  I obviously need to check that out, but
maybe not until spring.

Rig: Yaesu FTdx3000 running 5 watts out
Antennas: Cycle 24 TX38 triband Yagi at 40 feet, Cushcraft 40m rotatable dipole,
and inverted vee fed with ladderline and MFJ tuner

73,
Randy, ND0C