[3830] NAQP SSB W1AW/0(W0BH) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 22 12:10:02 EST 2023

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W1AW/0
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS

Total: 1393   239  Total Score = 332,927

Club:

Team:

Comments:

It was Kansas week for the ARRL VOTA operation, so I gave out both VOTA points
and NAQP points to all callers. I'll turn in the NAQP portion of the log as a
checklog since I operated HP.

It was great to be able to start on 10, and the W1AW call is worth an extra 20db
of signal, so the pileups never stopped. I signed up for time slots and worked
my way down from 10 thru 160, with 160 being the only noisy and difficult band.
If you take out the last 45 minutes of lots of CQing on 160, my average rate was
178/hr with lots of pushes in the 200 and even 300 range.

I worked a number of stations on 5 bands, but only WA2JQK had a chance to make
it a Sweep. I did work several NY stations on 160 and listened for him, but no
luck. Overall, I missed only AK and HI in the US, and NT NU YT and NL in
VEland.

I hope you all get a chance to work VOTA when it comes to your state. If you're
not familiar with the event, it's similar to the ARRL Centennial event in 2014.
Just Google ARRL VOTA for the details, but here's the short version:

All non-dupe contacts with W1AW/x stations (band and mode) are worth 5
leaderboard points and all contacts with general ARRL members are worth 1 point.
I do log dupes so you got NAQP credit if you worked me previously. Be sure to
log the /0 in the call since W1AW/3 (DE) and W1AW/7 (UT) were also possible
contacts this week. I worked W1AW/3 three times during the NAQP. You just need
to upload your log to LOTW to get the points automatically. There will be a new
set of states starting every Wednesday at 0000Z and each state will be on twice
during the year. The schedule is on the web site. It's possible to get WAS by
just working W1AW stations.

Thanks to all for the really respectful pileups! Have a great VOTA year ..

73, Bob, w0bh