[3830] NAQP SSB N0MA M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 22 13:18:58 EST 2023

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N0MA
Operator(s): W7II N0GJW K0XAS KE0AND KD9WFR
Station: N0MA

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Iowa

Total:  964   227  Total Score = 218,828

Club:

Team:

Comments:

We offered up club station N0MA for use by the University of Iowa radio club
(W0IO)for this contest since they don't have an on campus home now. The results
were fantastic for a group of 4 OPs under 30 years old plus one old geezer.
Antennas were simple, wires and a trap vertical.  We competed with the bigger
stations at 20m and below but suffered on 10 and 15 without a directional
antenna.
N0GJW handled the majority of the CQing load.  The rest of us chipped in finding
the mults. 160 and 80 were disappointing compared to last week's NAQP CW.
It was a learning experience for all and a lot of fun.
73,
Bill  W7ii

K3 & Flex 6600
Hustler 6BTV