[3830] NAQP SSB NX6T(@WA6TQT) M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 22 17:53:01 EST 2023

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): K6PO K6RO N6CY N6ERD N6KI N7NR ND8DX WM6Y WQ6X
Station: WA6TQT

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: California
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

  160:   12     8
Total: 1976   285  Total Score = 563,160

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

A day before the contest both of our stations were experiencing technical
difficulties.   Special thanks to Dennis, N6KI, who was able to get an extra K3
delivered to the station site on Friday in time to swap out an ailing K3 on
station 1.

We also were shorthanded as some of our most experienced ops were unavailable or
unwilling to do SSB.  Thanks again to Dennis, who had a miserable cold and
therefore did not want to operate or manage this contest (as he usually does for
NX6T), for stepping up and operating the last two hours of the contest.  He did
a great job of scooping up some much needed mults on 80 and 160.

So, suffice it to say we had low expectations for this contest.  Undaunted, the
team put in a very good effort and we are proud of our score, which I believe is
a new SSB high score for NX6T in NAQP.  Some credit should also be given to 10
and 15 meters for showing up as well in such good shape for the contest. :)  As
a result of 10/15 being so busy, we were somewhat disappointed that 20m did not
produce as well as we had hoped.

Congratulations to the ND7K team for another outstanding winning performance!
That came as no surprise to us.  Tim, N6WIN, has done a fantastic job of putting
together a winning station and team at ND7K.

We had lots of fun and really appreciate all the callers!  We also very much
appreciate John, WA6TQT, for making his great station available to us!

73, Dave, N7NR (for the NX6T team)