[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KX7L Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 23 01:09:39 EST 2023

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2023

Call: KX7L
Operator(s): KX7L
Station: KX7L

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CN87

    6:  35     6
    2:   9     3
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  44     9  Total Score = 396

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

This year Mr. Murphy came to visit the shack in spades.  At the opening gate I
realized I had some computer issues relating to the expiring support for Windows
7 that I had to resolve, then I messed up the WSJTx log files.  Finally got a
late start, and began making QSO's, but then discovered that the tree next to my
house had grown a bit since the Sep contest, and I could no longer rotate my
antenna.  I was stuck between 90 and 180 degrees!  Then to make things worse, no
one seemed to be hearing me on 2m.  I worked a couple locals on FT8, but my
calls on SSB went unanswered.  In desperation on Sunday afternoon I turned off
the 2m amp, and suddenly people started hearing me.  Evidently my 2m amp is now
a 2m attenuator!  Some station work needs to be done before June.  Thanks for
all the QSOs in spite of everything!