[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N2JMH Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 23 09:37:18 EST 2023

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2023

Call: N2JMH
Operator(s): N2JMH
Station: N2JMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN12bw

  903:   29     8
  1.2:   30     9
  2.3:   22     6
  3.4:   12     4
  5.7:   12     4
  10G:   16     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  510   180  Total Score = 220,860

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

My first January contest with version 2 of my station. For the most part
everything worked with no real failures. Conditions seemed flat and some
normally easy grids were just not there this time.
 Day before contest my fixed low take off 6 meter antenna developed high swr,
probably water in coax and I decided to leave as is and not use since it was
cold and froze now. I did lose a 6 meter amp but I have spares, gotta love those
Harris amps.
 The good, once again, the rovers willingness to go out in the cold and operate
is just awesome. These folks make my contest, I would rather try some microwave
q’s than anything else. Six meters was ho hum most of the contest. It did open
to South America for a couple hours Sunday just as my amp retired but I got it
switched out in time to work about 15 stations.
 Thanks for the q’s, see you in the next one.
73 Jim n2jmh