[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K2DH Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 23 11:34:43 EST 2023

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K2DH
Operator(s): K2DH
Station: K2DH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN13
Operating Time (hrs):

  222:   14     4
  432:    7     3
  903:    9     3
  1.2:    9     3
  2.3:    8     3
  3.4:    2     2
  5.7:
  10G:    4     3
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  213    88  Total Score = 33,968

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

I operated my station remotely from my winter home in Naples, FL.  Things worked
pretty well, except a couple of hours into the contest, 432 failed.  I couldn't
troubleshoot it remotely except to know that the 50V supply to the SSPA was at
0V.  Also, because of that, the T/R relays wouldn't allow me to bypass the amp
and run barefoot, so that was the end of 432 operations.  I also think I have
something wrong with the antenna on 3400, as I couldn't work stations there that
I could on both 2304 and 10GHz.  Oh well, if it wasn't for projects, what would
we do? :-)
Lots of fun, lots of seat time, average (or below) propagation.  Of course, near
the end of the contest, 6m opened up to the south, but at that point, my
antennas were getting iced up the SWR went to hell, and I kept tripping the
amplifier protection.
73
Dave K2DH