[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K1WHS Single Op-Analog HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 23 12:43:33 EST 2023

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1WHS
Station: K1WHS

Class: Single Op-Analog HP
QTH: FN43mj

  222:  21     14
  432:  19     11
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  40     25  Total Score = 1,900

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

I spent 3 hours at my snowbound VHF shack and had a great time. Action was slow
with plenty of time to get used to having all the rotator boxes in one place.
Switching bands was great and fast with the new band decoder and one rig, but I
did not do well with the rotators. I can't count the times I turned the 222
antenna and then listened on 432!!  I need some serious re training!  I found
the chat page to be a bottleneck. Hard to attract attention there. I really miss
having a 144 antenna to find contacts to run the bands. There is always next
year!
I ran thru 2 gallons of diesel fuel to run the 20 KW generator.