[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 25 19:10:50 EST 2023

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62

    6:   54     5
    2:   68     5
  222:   44     4
  432:   66     5
  903:   30     4
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  262    27  Total Score = 12,474

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Multiplier Total includes the 4 Grid Activation Bonus Multipliers.

ALL ANALOG, FM and SSB only!

With snow predicted overnight Saturday into Sunday, I opted to not do the 'full'
CoROVERolla setup, going 'vertically challenged' with a dual-band magmount for
144 and 432 and a hamstick style on a magmount for 50. 222 and 902 were with an
Alinco DJ-G29T and its 'rubber ducky' antenna.

I didn't exceed 100 QSOs with any other single (most was 56) but since I made
over 200 QSOs with other rovers in total, I felt it appropriate to enter in the
Unlimited Category.

Thanks to the other 5 rovers who converged with me at this grid corner (that was
a fun 4.5 hours!) and to the other stations who pulled my vertically polarized
radio signals out of the noise for the SSB QSOs.

C'mon SPRINGTIME...looking forward to the Spring Sprints!

73, JK