[3830] CQ160 CW KG9X Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 08:35:33 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KG9X
Operator(s): KG9X
Station: KG9X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24:30

Total:  QSOs = 826  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 22  Total Score = 158,790

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

High QRN level at the start of contest but working domestic Q's with high sig
levels was OK.  The remainder of test was mostly low QRN.  Found a problem with
the HI-Z 8 PRO when QRN was low enough. Every other direction brings up the RX
noise level. Unfortunately NE is one. Also with SE, SW and NW. For EU I was
using the N position.  Still managed a few stronger EU stations.  Some of course
couldn't hear me. Did manage JA also with HI-Z N direction.  No AF, KL7, ND or
DC and NF, NU, NT and YT provinces. Many dupes in the log. One N2 I called said
I was a dupe but after I finally convinced him to work me had my call wrong.
HEY JUST WORK THEM!!  Lots of red zone rate meter for this one.  Less
participation this year?  Still lots of CW fun.

73,  Fred  KG9X

FTDX101MP, AL1500, N1MM+, 160M 100FT shunt fed tower TX HIZ 4-8Pro in winter RX,
80M Sloping dipole, 40M JK 402T at 110FT and Inv V at 35FT, 20-10M JK Big Tri at
100FT and C31XR JK at 50FT, 6M HB 7EL at 105FT.